KINE Token Model
Version 1.1 | Updated March 2021
KINE is Kine Protocol's native protocol token, currently issued on Ethereum following ERC-20 standard.
The KINE token is a utility token designed to facilitate community governance and incentivize the virturous circle of Kine Ecosystem.
Once mature, Kine will gradually transition to community governance, allowing the community to decide the future of the protocol. KINE token holders may stake their KINE to vote on or propose new ideas to improve Kine Protocol. Some of such decisions could be:
- Addition/removal of staking assets on Kine.Finance
- Addition/removal of trading assets on Kine.Exchange
- Protocol parameters such as collateral factor, supply cap, risk limits.
- KINE is accepted as a staking asset of liquidity pool.
- KINE stakers to receive a dedicated share of fee pool, allowing higher return than other collaterals.
- Trading fee revenue from Kine.Exchange will be converted to KINE before being distributed as rewards.
- Long-term KINE stakers will accumulate more voting power for governance.
- Balancer Liquidity Bootstrapping Pool🔑 No lockup -- tokens are liquid upon purchase.
- Team and advisors🔒 🔒 25% to be unlocked 6 months after IDO; the remaining 75% vested linearly over the next 18-month.
- Seed supporters🔒 10% to be unlocked immediately after IDO; 60% to be vested linearly over the next 12-month; the remaining 30% to be vested over the 2nd year.
- Private-sale participants🔒 25% to be unlocked immediately after IDO; 75% to be vested linearly over the next 12-month.
- Liquidty partners🔒 25% to be unlocked prior to initial listing; the remaining to be unlocked in monthly batches in the next 12 months.